DIGITAL CAMERAS - WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR NEW ZEALAND
What is a warranty?
When you bought your FUJIFILM product, you were given a warranty, which means for certain period after purchase, any manufacturing defect will be repaired free-of-charge or replaced (with the same product if reasonably available or with an equivalent product). Our products are extremely reliable, but like all complex equipment, it is possible that faults can develop over time.
How long does my warranty last?
|X Series Camera||3 Years*|
|X Series Lens||3 Years*|
|X Series Accessories||1 Year|
|GFX Camera||1 Year|
|GFX Lens||1 Year|
|GFX Accessories||1 Year|
|Fujinon Binoculars||1 Year|
*The 3 year warranty is not transferable. Note that products purchased overseas have a 1 year warranty period instead.
The warranty period begins from the date printed on your receipt. No warranty claims will be accepted without proof of purchase from an authorized retailer.
What is not considered as a warrantable repair?
The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, scratching, abrasions or cosmetic damage. More specifically, it does not cover damage caused by:
- Any misuse or improper handling;
- Dropping or knocking the product;
- A repair, modification or cleaning done by anyone other than FUJIFILM;
- Leaking or exhausted batteries;
- Improper storage (extremes of temperature or humidity);
- The presence of water (or other liquid), sand, dust etc. inside and outside the equipment.
What happens if I have lost my proof of purchase?
You can register your equipment on our Warranty Database and this will store your original proof of purchase, in case you might lose it. If you have lost your receipt (or cannot otherwise provide proof of purchase), and didn’t register your equipment, you will have no evidence that the product is within its warranty period, so regrettably, you will have to pay for the repair.
How do I send my camera under warranty?
Please refer to Repairs Department for a guide on how to book a repair with us. You can also contact your retailer and they will handle the process for you (this also applies to chargeable jobs).
FUJIFILM equipment purchased overseas – will FUJIFILM NZ repair?
FUJIFILM NZ Limited has an international warranty period of 1 year, if equipment was purchased from an authorized retailer overseas. A copy of the original proof of purchase will need to be provided, and FUJIFILM NZ Limited will contact the country of purchase and arrange the repair.
- This warranty is in addition to (and does not affect) your statutory rights as a consumer. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under New Zealand consumer laws. Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA) you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure. This is not a complete state of your rights under the CGA. For more information see here.
- Subject to any rights available to you under any applicable statute FUJIFILM’s liability is strictly limited to repairing or replacing the product and FUJIFILM will have no liability for indirect or consequential loss of any kind due to a defect with the product.
- Subject to any rights available to you under any applicable statute FUJIFILM accepts no liability for loss of data or pictures caused by the product’s malfunction.
- FUJIFILM reserves the right not to repair a product under warranty if the serial number has been removed, altered or defaced.
- FUJIFILM will normally use new parts, but reserves the right to use reconditioned or repaired parts.
- Any defective parts replaced in the camera become the property of FUJIFILM. FUJIFILM reserves the right to replace the entire product as an alternative to a repair.
- If products are sent to FUJIFILM without any contact details, FUJIFILM reserves the right to dispose of your product six months after receipt.
- If a product is sent to FUJIFILM without adequate protection, and the product is damaged in transit, FUJIFILM reserves the right to charge for any extra repair.